Please scroll down to see all open positions
Seeking hospitality management experts! O’Connor Brewing Company is seeking an enthusiastic, service-driven individual to manage our Tasting Room front-of-house operations. If ensuring positive and fun customer experiences is your thing, and you have a successful track record in the hospitality industry, then this is the perfect opportunity.
Are you quick-paced with an attention to detail? Do you enjoy knowing what makes a bar run inside and out, and pride yourself in maintaining a clean work environment? Then this job is for you!We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the Tasting Room and Brewery, ensure the Bar is stocked with glassware, and take on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. You should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent beers and service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills. Bar Back Responsibilities: – Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the Bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. – Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed. – Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles. – Learning about menu items, taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours. – Speaking to customers, answering questions. – Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly. Bar Back Requirements: – High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred. – Minimum age to serve alcohol. – Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. – Knowledge of menu items. – Basic math and computer skills. – Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally. – Observant and thorough. – Responsible, punctual. – Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
O’Connor Brewing Co. is seeking a Part-Time Beertenders!
If you are passionate about craft beer and are interested in facilitating and supporting our mission to create a world-class experience for our guests, then this is the gig for you! We are currently looking for a Part-Time Beertenders to join our team in exceeding our customers’ expectations by enthusiastically educating our guests on our company and our brews while properly serving them samples and/or full-pours.
Weekend availability is a must for this position as we host a number of events on the weekend at the brewery. The part time schedule will vary between 8-24 hours a week.
The Tasting Room Beertender plays a vital part in presenting our business to the public. Our Tasting Room is often the first place that people experience O’Connor Brewing Co. and our beers. Because of this, we strive to provide an experience that is stellar from beginning to end for our guests – from the service they receive, to the beers they drink, to the space they drink it in.
Beertenders must be an ambassador of O’Connor Brewing Company and must be very comfortable and professional when greeting and serving our customers. They must be enthusiastic about maximizing the brewery experience for all of our visitors. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Greet and Thank customers as they approach and exit the bar area
- Answer any visitor questions they have about our brews or provide suggestions if they are new to the brewery based on their tastes
- Properly serve each customer in a beer-clean glass
- Suggest to-go beer to every customer when they close their tab
- Ensure all guests have the best possible experience in the Tasting Room.
- Stock merchandise, food and packaged beverages before every shift
- Assist with Process merchandise/POS sales for guests in the Tasting Room.
- Ensure clean and tidy work areas (wipe down counters, pickup trash)
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are effectively and efficiently executed.
- Assist in set-up of events in the Tasting Room and Brewery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
- A keen interest in craft beer.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in service and/or in hospitality.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and customer-facing skills
- Experience in public speaking a plus
- Service/Retail/POS experience preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills. Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedule required.
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Fredericksburg, VA and Annapolis, MD to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.