OBC is looking for an experienced, efficient, hard-working barback to assist in our Tasting Room. This is an hourly wage and tipped position that will provide at least 4 shifts per week. Hours will typically be 2-10 with flexibility to work weekend hours. Candidate must have reliable transportation and pass a background check. This position requires the ability to lift and stack heavy kegs (100-150 lbs +) on a regular basis. The ideal candidate must also have a positive attitude and a great work ethic.
- Lifting and moving heavy kegs, bus trays, stools, and tables on a regular basis.
- Assisting in the maintenance and cleaning of walk-in cooler.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. –
- Checking & Cleaning taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Ensuring the loading dock blinds are lowered everyday at opening and raised at closing.
- Ensuring that entry stairs, parking lot, and loading dock are clean and free of trash or trip hazards.
- Ensuring trash is emptied in ALL Tasting Room and Bathroom areas as needed
- Sweeping up and Mopping spills, food, pet or children messes, and vomit when necessary.
- Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items, taking orders, pouring beer, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers and answering questions in a polite, service-oriented fashion.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. –
- Knowledge of menu items.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers and Thanks!
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Richmond, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.
Applicants with at least two years experience in Outside Sales and holding a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org