Please scroll down to see all open positions
Seeking hospitality management experts! O’Connor Brewing Company is seeking an enthusiastic, service-driven individual to manage our Tasting Room front-of-house operations. If ensuring positive and fun customer experiences is your thing, and you have a successful track record in the hospitality industry, then this is the perfect opportunity.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all OBC visitors and customers alike have a world-class experience while visiting our Tasting Room. Although the primary role of this manager will be to greet customers, “touch” tables, and make sure that each OBC guest is having an exceptional experience, this individual will also be supporting the bar and event staff during normal Tasting Room hours. They will also assist in the creation of sales and promotions, merchandising, public and private event planning and execution, and sales of beer and merchandise. The ideal candidate should have experience in both the service and retail industries, a passion for beer, and knowledge of the regional beer scene. Our ideal candidate also has a good sense of humor, is highly customer-focused, patient, cool under pressure, organized and very reliable.
The Hospitality Manager will report to the Tasting Room Manager and will also work closely with the Private Events Manager to coordinate events and ensure proper staff scheduling. The ideal candidate also has knowledge of service industry management, event planning and a passion for beer and retail. Core responsibilities of the OBC Hospitality Manager are to 1.) Drive sales/traffic into the Tasting Room through their thoughtful, hands-on, customer-focused management style and to 2.) Ensure a world-class Tasting Room experience for all O’Connor Brewing Company visitors.
- Must hold at least a four-year college degree
- Must be an excellent “host/hostess” and be customer service focused
- Must be able to lead and supervise a team of 10 or more
- Must have excellent communication and people management skills
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to efficiently multi-task
- Must have experience with POS software, financial reporting and inventory mgt. software
- Must be knowledgable with Facebook and Instagram
- Must have at least 4 years service industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Ability to work weekends and nights is a must
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Manage and train a team of bar staff employees
- Ensure world-class service is being delivered in Tasting Room by our other Tasting Room staff.
- Greet customers as they enter and leave the brewery, “table-touch”, keep eyes open for any service-related issues (long lines, merchandise assistance, customers who look “lost”, keg returns, voids etc..)
- Assisting upper mgt. with creation of world-class service initiatives/ideas/products
- Ensure the Tasting Room areas are clean, organized, and presentable to all.
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures are executed
- Ensure proper management closing procedures are followed
- Coordinate promotional and social media needs with the Marketing Department
- Assist with management of larger, marquee events when necessary
- Work closely with other managers to ensure programs and promotions are in sync
- Assist with hiring staff when necessary
- Salary based on experience
- Vacation/PTO offered
- Health Benefits offered
Job Type: Full-time (Average 45 hours/week) Hours are as follows: Wed-Sat 3-10/11pm, Sunday 12-7pm
Education: College degree strongly preferred
- Service Industry: 5 years
- Team Management: 3 years
- Brewery experience is strongly preferred but not necessary
To be considered you must submit a cover letter in addition to your resume. You will only be considered if you meet the experience qualifications. Training offered and available immediately after hire.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the following information in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in O’Connor Brewing Company?
- What are your short and long term goals and how does this position help you get there?
- Why should we consider you?
- What are your salary requirements?
Are you quick-paced with an attention to detail? Do you enjoy knowing what makes a bar run inside and out, and pride yourself in maintaining a clean work environment? Then this job is for you!We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the Tasting Room and Brewery, ensure the Bar is stocked with glassware, and take on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. You should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent beers and service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills. Bar Back Responsibilities: – Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the Bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. – Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed. – Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles. – Learning about menu items, taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours. – Speaking to customers, answering questions. – Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly. Bar Back Requirements: – High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred. – Minimum age to serve alcohol. – Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. – Knowledge of menu items. – Basic math and computer skills. – Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally. – Observant and thorough. – Responsible, punctual. – Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
O’Connor Brewing Co. is seeking a Part-Time Beertenders!
If you are passionate about craft beer and are interested in facilitating and supporting our mission to create a world-class experience for our guests, then this is the gig for you! We are currently looking for a Part-Time Beertenders to join our team in exceeding our customers’ expectations by enthusiastically educating our guests on our company and our brews while properly serving them samples and/or full-pours.
Weekend availability is a must for this position as we host a number of events on the weekend at the brewery. The part time schedule will vary between 8-24 hours a week.
The Tasting Room Beertender plays a vital part in presenting our business to the public. Our Tasting Room is often the first place that people experience O’Connor Brewing Co. and our beers. Because of this, we strive to provide an experience that is stellar from beginning to end for our guests – from the service they receive, to the beers they drink, to the space they drink it in.
Beertenders must be an ambassador of O’Connor Brewing Company and must be very comfortable and professional when greeting and serving our customers. They must be enthusiastic about maximizing the brewery experience for all of our visitors. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Greet and Thank customers as they approach and exit the bar area
- Answer any visitor questions they have about our brews or provide suggestions if they are new to the brewery based on their tastes
- Properly serve each customer in a beer-clean glass
- Suggest to-go beer to every customer when they close their tab
- Ensure all guests have the best possible experience in the Tasting Room.
- Stock merchandise, food and packaged beverages before every shift
- Assist with Process merchandise/POS sales for guests in the Tasting Room.
- Ensure clean and tidy work areas (wipe down counters, pickup trash)
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are effectively and efficiently executed.
- Assist in set-up of events in the Tasting Room and Brewery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
- A keen interest in craft beer.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in service and/or in hospitality.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and customer-facing skills
- Experience in public speaking a plus
- Service/Retail/POS experience preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills. Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedule required.
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Fredericksburg, VA and Annapolis, MD to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.
Brewing and Packaging
O’Connor Brewing Co. is growing to meet our increasing demand for high quality and delicious beer. We are seeking hard working, enthusiastic, and talented individuals to join our Production Team. We are now hiring for the positions of Brewer, Assistant Brewer, Packaging 1, Packaging 2, and Packaging 3. Job opportunities are for all experience levels, from individuals new to the brewing industry to experienced candidates. All positions will offer the opportunity for growth within the company. Detailed job descriptions and general information is below. If you think you would be a good fit for any of the positions listed, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Operate one or more stations on the bottling line and canning line (not at the same time)
- Assist in building cases for bottling and canning runs
- Operate pallet jack
- Understand how to read and record packaging/brewing sheets
- Pull orders for distribution
- Cleaning and organizing the brewery
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- This is an introductory level role
- All responsibilities and qualifications as outlined in Packaging 3
- Operate two or more stations on the bottling line and canning line (not at the same time)
- Operate the keg cleaning machine
- Sanitize and clean keg filling lines as needed
- Fill kegs
- Identify and fix minor issues on the bottling line and canning line
- 6 months experience working in a production brewery or similar manufacturing or warehouse operation
- General knowledge of forklift use and safety
- All responsibilities and qualifications as outlined in Packaging 2
- Work with Warehouse Manager to develop packaging and warehouse daily team schedule
- Oversee packaging crew during daily operations
- Operate all stations on the bottling and canning line (not at the same time)
- Operate forklift
- Sanitize and clean bottling line and canning line
- Identify and fix issues on the bottling line and canning line
- Utilize brewery software system to input production and warehouse data
- 1 year experience working in a production brewery or similar manufacturing operation
- Assist with daily brewing operations, including milling grain, preparing ingredients, setting up and breaking down hoses, and assisting with spent grain removal
- Facilitate daily filtration, beer transfer, and carbonation operations
- Clean in place (CIP) and sanitize tanks, hoses, and equipment
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Complete daily cellar work, including dropping yeast, dry hopping, and crashing, fining, and pressurizing tanks
- Execute basic quality control checks, such as gravity, pH, CO2, and dissolved oxygen measurement
- Clean and organize the Brewhouse and cellar areas as needed
- Operate forklift
- 6 months experience working in a production brewery
- General Knowledge of forklift use and safety
- Understanding of the brewing and fermentation process
- All responsibilities and qualifications as outlined in Assistant Brewer
- Brew and CIP on the 30 BBL 4 vessel production Brewhouse
- Brew and CIP on the 3.5 BBL 2 vessel pilot Brewhouse
- Operate the high-speed centrifuge for finished beer clarification
- Collaborate with the brewery team for recipe development and process optimization
- 1 year experience working in a production brewery as a brewer, assistant brewer, or comparable role
- Formal brewing training, brewing degree, or brewing certification is a plus, but not required
Details For All Production Positions
- Ability to report for work in a timely manner
- Willingness to work on varying shift schedules, including weekends and overnights
- Ability to complete a variety of physical tasks that may include heavy lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motion
- Ability to clearly communicate with coworkers and management in verbal and written form
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and hearing in order to safely operate machinery, safely operate motor vehicles, and to perform work in a neat and thorough manner
Safety is the top priority; however, members of the Production Team may be subject to:
- Cold, hot, and/or noisy working environment
- Hazards, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding or high places, exposure to heat, or exposure to chemicals