Facilities & Grounds Custodian
OBC is looking for an experienced, organized, and efficient maintenance person to help keep our facilities and grounds looking and functioning their best. This is a full-time position. Hours are Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed. Candidate must have reliable transportation and pass a clean background check.
- Daily cleaning and upkeep of Tasting Room area, including deep cleaning and restocking of bathrooms, mopping floors, operating auto floor scrubber, wipe down in bar and beer hall areas, cleaning windows, taking out trash & recyclables, and other tasks included in daily cleaning checklist
- Weekly/as-needed cleaning and maintenance of exterior facility areas, including lawn maintenance/mowing, planting flowers/plants, watering plants, weeding, pressure washing patio area, and trash removal in offices and parking lot
- Running errands as needed for restocking of merchandise, food, beverages, cleaning/maintenance supplies, and lawn/plant purchases.
- Identify areas in need of deep cleaning, repair, and opportunities for improvement for the overall quality and customer experience at the Brewery such as sanding, painting, and general repair work or installation of furnishings & fixtures.
- Assist with preparation, set up, and break down for various events at the Brewery
- Plumbing, Carpentry and/or Electrical experience is a huge plus
- Ability to clearly communicate with coworkers and management in verbal and written form
- Ability to accomplish and complete scheduled daily and weekly assignment check list.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of assignments
- Flexibility for multiple shift schedules. Typical hours will be Monday – Friday, 7AM – 3PM, but some evening and weekend work may be required depending on the events schedule at the Brewery
- Ability to complete a variety of physical tasks that may include heavy lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motion
- This is a full-time position, paid hourly
- Company sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off (PTO) available beginning on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
- Company sponsored 401K retirement plan available after 1 year of employment
Applications: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OBC is looking for an experienced, efficient, hard-working barback to assist in our Tasting Room. This is an hourly wage and tipped position that will provide at least 4 shifts per week. Hours will typically be 2-10 during weekdays with flexibility to work weekend hours. Candidate must have reliable transportation and pass a background check. The ideal candidate must have a positive, can-do attitude and an awesome work ethic.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. –
- Checking & Cleaning taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Ensuring the loading dock blinds are lowered everyday at opening and raised at closing.
- Ensuring that entry stairs, parking lot, and loading dock are clean and free of trash or trip hazards.
- Ensuring trash is emptied in ALL Tasting Room and Bathroom areas as needed
- Sweeping up and Mopping spills, food, pet or children messes, and vomit when necessary.
- Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items, taking orders, pouring beer, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers and answering questions in a polite, service-oriented fashion.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. –
- Knowledge of menu items.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Richmond, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, Northern Virginia and Fredericksburg to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.
Regional Sales Representative, Maryland & Washington DC
As a Regional Sales Rep for O’Connor Brewing Company, your first responsibility is to represent the brewery with a positive, professional, can-do attitude at all times. This is a high energy position. Multi-tasking, weekly strategy planning and reporting, strong organizational skills, proactive work approach, excellent customer service and sales skills, working evenings and weekends, constant communication with accounts, distributors, and manager are key requirements for this position.
As Regional Sales Rep for O’Connor Brewing Company LLC, your position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develops and nurtures value-enhancing strategic partnerships with key on and off premise accounts within assigned territory.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop, and execute strategic sales plans.
- Responsible for developing and executing key customer initiatives.
- Schedules and conducts regular sales calls with customers including business reviews and programming presentations.
- Adheres to quality standards for product freshness and presentation.
- Develops and implements POS materials and display enhancers.
- Responsible for store-level education and support.
- Responsible for all planning and communication required for flawless execution in the field.
- Conducts frequent surveys to ensure accurate pricing and programing is executed per quality standards.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense report, mileage reports, work calendar, surveys, and all other duties as they are assigned).
- Coordinates and participates in regularly scheduled sales meetings among distribution partners and internal brewery staff.
- Maintains and publishes updated account list including detailed communication history.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a myriad of customer-facing events such as festivals, store tastings, beer dinners, brewery tours, educational seminars, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional demeanor and presentation at all times – including situations in which alcohol is present.
- Regular travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants with at least two years experience in Outside Sales and holding a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be preferred.
Applicants must reside in Washington D.C. or Maryland and have a clean driving record and background check.
O’Connor Brewing Company offers a competitive base salary, commission, car allowance, health insurance, and 401K benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume email@example.com