OBC is looking for an experienced, efficient, hard-working barback to assist in our Tasting Room. This is an hourly wage and tipped position that will provide at least 4 shifts per week. Hours will typically be 2-10 with flexibility to work weekend hours. Candidate must have reliable transportation and pass a background check. This position requires the ability to lift and stack heavy kegs (100-150 lbs +) on a regular basis. The ideal candidate must also have a positive attitude and a great work ethic.
- Lifting and moving heavy kegs, bus trays, stools, and tables on a regular basis.
- Assisting in the maintenance and cleaning of walk-in cooler.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. –
- Checking & Cleaning taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Ensuring the loading dock blinds are lowered everyday at opening and raised at closing.
- Ensuring that entry stairs, parking lot, and loading dock are clean and free of trash or trip hazards.
- Ensuring trash is emptied in ALL Tasting Room and Bathroom areas as needed
- Sweeping up and Mopping spills, food, pet or children messes, and vomit when necessary.
- Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items, taking orders, pouring beer, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers and answering questions in a polite, service-oriented fashion.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. –
- Knowledge of menu items.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.