O’Connor Brewing Co. is looking for friendly, outgoing, pro-active individuals who can speak easily about and serve up our delicious beers and seltzers to our guests. Priding ourselves on consistency, quality, and service for the last 10 years, OBC is looking for the right candidates to provide a helpful, positive customer experience to all our brewery guests.
- Greet/Thank each customer as they approach and leave the point-of-sale and represent the brewery with a warm, welcoming attitude at all times.
- Ability to describe all of beers on tap by style, ABV, IBU, and general flavor characteristics. (this includes seasonals and small batch).
- Ensure that all beers are poured/served properly in the proper, beer-clean glass.
- Suggestive sell to-go beer when closing each transaction
- Help customers with merchandise when needed
- Proactively share ideas/suggestions to improve the tasting room area and customer experience such as: new beers, events, merchandise, processes, food, etc..
- Be enthusiastic about craft beer, be able to speak knowledgably about OBC’s beer, events and general company info, and having a general understanding of craft beer and our industry.
- Proactively restock packaged beer, beverages, food, clothing, and other merchandise as needed.
- Moving tables, setting up mobile bars, tents, and games as needed for special events (and breakdown of these items at end of shift)
- Sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables/service areas
- Lift and move stools, tables, kegs and cases of beer short distances
- Help customers load beer orders in their vehicle as needed
- Provide a fun and educational customer experience
- Attend all sales and company meetings as requested
- A great attitude, great work ethic, and team mentality
- Reliable transportation
- Desire to obtain Cicerone Certified Beer Server when training is offered, with interest in studying for and passing the Cicerone Certification Exam within your first year of hire
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency in basic POS applications (will train for)
- Experience in craft beer industry preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekends, nights and extended workdays are necessary.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers and Thanks!
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Richmond, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, Northern Virginia and Fredericksburg to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line.
Applicants with at least two years experience in Outside Sales and holding a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be preferred.
Applicants must reside in Washington D.C. or Maryland and have a clean driving record and background check.
O’Connor Brewing Company offers a competitive base salary, commission, car allowance, health insurance, and 401K benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org