Please scroll down to see all open positions
Are you quick-paced with an attention to detail? Do you enjoy knowing what makes a bar run inside and out, and pride yourself in maintaining a clean work environment? Then this job is for you!We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the Tasting Room and Brewery, ensure the Bar is stocked with glassware, and take on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. You should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent beers and service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills. Bar Back Responsibilities: – Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the Bar, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. – Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed. – Keeping the Bar and tables clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles. – Learning about menu items, taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours. – Speaking to customers, answering questions. – Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly. Bar Back Requirements: – High School Diploma or equivalent. More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred. – Minimum age to serve alcohol. – Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance. – Knowledge of menu items. – Basic math and computer skills. – Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally. – Observant and thorough. – Responsible, punctual. – Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is June 30th, 2018
Tour Guide/Retail Associate
O’Connor Brewing Co. is seeking a Part-Time Tour Guide & Retail Associate!
If you are passionate about craft beer and are interested in facilitating and supporting our mission to create a world-class experience for our guests, then this is the gig for you! We are currently looking for a Part-Time Tour Guide & Retail Associate to join our team in exceeding our customers’ expectations and promoting the art of brewing beer.
Weekend availability is a must for this position as we host a number of tours on the weekend at the brewery. The part time schedule will vary between 15-25 hours a week.
The Tasting Room Tour Guide plays a key part in presenting our business to the public. Our Tasting Room is often the first place that people experience O’Connor Brewing Co. and our beers. Because of this, we strive to provide an experience that is stellar from beginning to end for our guests – from the service they receive, to the beers they drink, to the space they drink it in.
The Tour Guide will be responsible for all aspects of the brewery tour. The Tour Guide must be an advocate of O’Connor Brewing Company, must be very comfortable and professional with public speaking, and must be enthusiastic about maximizing the brewery experience for all of our visitors. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is June 30, 2018.
- Guide guests on brewery tours- public, private, and occasional off-site events.
- Ensure all guests have the best possible experience in the Tasting Room.
- Stock and process merchandise/POS sales for guests in the Tasting Room.
- Assist in execution of events in the Tasting Room and Brewery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
- A keen interest in craft beer.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in retail and/or in hospitality.
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage groups of people.
- Experience in public speaking a plus.
- Retail/POS experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills. Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedule required.
Tasting Room Manager
Seeking service-industry management experts! Come join and lead a talented and committed team of hard working individuals. O’Connor Brewing Company is seeking an enthusiastic craft beer lover to manage our Tasting Room. If you have extensive experience in the service industry then this is the perfect opportunity.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for all Tasting Room sales and promotions, customer service, public event functions, and inventory. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of service industry and retail management, a passion for beer, and knowledge of the regional beer scene. An ideal candidate also has a flexible sense of humor, is highly organized and extremely reliable.
The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for all Tasting Room daily bookkeeping functions, staff management and scheduling, and will be working closely with the Private Events Manager to coordinate events and proper scheduling. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of service industry management, event planning & management, and a passion for beer and retail. The core responsibilities of the Tasting Room Manager are to drive sales in the Tasting Room through their thoughtful, customer-focused, strategic management style and to ensure a world-class Tasting Room experience for all O’Connor Brewing Company visitors.
- Must hold at least a four-year college degree
- Must be a great “host” and be customer service oriented
- Must be able to lead and supervise a team of 10 or more
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to efficiently multi-task
- Must have experience with POS software, financial reporting and inventory mgt. software
- Must be knowledgable with Facebook and Instagram
- Must have at least 5 years service industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights is a must
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Manage and train a team of top notch employees
- Ensure excellent customer service is being delivered in Tasting Room
- Sell and promote O’Connor beer to customers during Tasting Room hours
- Responsible for complete inventory control and reporting
- Assisting upper mgt. with creation and ongoing management of Tasting Room budgets
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to upper management or as necessary
- Maintain necessary cleaning, sanitizing, and upkeep of glassware, kegs and draft lines, taproom equipment, service and customer areas.
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures and paperwork
- Coordinate private parties and public function with Private Events Manager
- Coordinate promotional and social media needs with the Marketing Department
- Manage larger, marquee events on a monthly basis
- Work closely with other managers to ensure programs and promotions are in sync
- Hire staff when necessary
- Salary based on experience
- Vacation/PTO offered
- Health Benefits offered
To be considered you must submit a cover letter in addition to your resume. You will only be considered if you meet the experience qualifications. Training offered and available immediately after hire.
Job Type: Full-time (Average 45 hours/week)
Education: College degree strongly preferred
- Service Industry: 5 years
- Team Management: 3 years
- Brewery experience is strongly preferred but not necessary
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the following information in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in O’Connor Brewing Company?
- What are your short and long term goals and how does this position help you get there?
- Why should we consider you?
Central Virginia Sales Rep
This is a MINIMUM 45 hours per week position.
As a Regional Sales Rep for O’Connor Brewing Company your first responsibility is to represent the brewery with a positive, professional, can-do attitude at all times. This is a high energy position. Multi-tasking, weekly strategy planning and reporting, strong organizational skills, proactive work approach, excellent customer service and sales skills, working evenings and weekends, constant communication with accounts, distributors, and manager are key requirements for this position.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing & Supporting Existing On and Off Premise Accounts
- Daily Account Visits
- Performing On and Off-Premise Promos Each Month (Setting up and Hosting Beer Tastings/Samplings, Hosting Beer Dinners, Pint & Cask Promos, or Beer Releases)
- Meeting with Wholesaler Directors, Craft Brand Managers, Team Leaders, and Sales Reps to develop selling strategies
- Presenting Weekly Strategy Plans and Detailed Weekly Recap Reports
- Ride-With Local Distributors to Sell
- Attending and Representing at all Festivals and Trade Shows as needed
- Attending and Representing Association meetings and events
- Performing Quality checks at all managed accounts
- Meeting with Grocery, Convenience and Restaurant/Bar managers to identify needs and issues
- Managing Expenses and Expense Reports
- Attending Weekly Sales Meeting with Manager via phone and in person (when available).
- Communicating with Wholesaler Craft Brand Manager Weekly
- 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably in alcohol sales
- Must be based in Richmond, VA or be willing to relocate
- Enthusiastic about craft beer and OBC
- Able to speak knowledgeably about OBC’s beer, mission, and company history
- A general understanding of craft beer and our industry is also key to performing this job.
- Being professional, organized, and persistent and creating a fun and positive customer experience is what is needed to provide a world-class experience and get this job done.
Interested applicants: please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Central VA Sales Rep” in the subject line of your email. The application deadline is June 30, 2018.
OBC is looking for Brand Ambassadors who reside in Fredericksburg, VA and Annapolis, MD to help represent O’Connor Brewing Co. at special events and festivals in those markets. If you’re a craft beer enthusiast who is looking for a part-time gig that involves educating people about craft beer and the O’Connor brand, then this may be the opportunity for you!
If you’re interested in becoming a brand ambassador for OBC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Brand Ambassador” in the subject line. The application deadline is June 30, 2018.